We are an equal opportunity employer located in a heritage building in Vancouver’s downtown core. We are a small but passionate team dedicated to supporting Vancouver’s heritage places and their conservation. Any available positions will be posted below.
If no positions are available, we invite you to learn more about Vancouver’s heritage by volunteering with VHF. For information on volunteer opportunities click here.
For more on VHF’s mission and history click here.
Vancouver Heritage Foundation (VHF) is seeking a communications professional to join our small staff team. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Communications Specialist will take primary responsibility for VHF communications and marketing including website content, newsletters, social media, public relations and design, working with colleagues to effectively engage a wide audience with VHF’s goals and activities, and with Vancouver’s heritage places.
The position is permanent, 25 – 30 hours per week, primarily during office hours of Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, with occasional evening and weekend attendance at events. The position will report to the Executive Director and be based in our office in downtown Vancouver. At the current time, some working from home will be necessary due to the special circumstance and measures in place during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
– Post-secondary education in communications, journalism or a related discipline or equivalent experience.
– At least three years’ experience in planning and implementing communications and marketing for an organization, including effective social media strategies.
– Experience working with external partners and providers to deliver successful projects.
– A genuine interest in and knowledge of Vancouver’s history, built environment, cultural heritage and heritage places.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, partners, sponsors, media, service providers and volunteers.
– Knowledge of the media landscape and trends in Vancouver, and experience managing media relations.
– Proven writing and editing skills for a variety of communications including newsletters, web, social media and print materials.
– Experience in managing website functionality and content.
– Strong organizational skills including planning and coordinating multiple projects.
– Computer fluency with at a minimum Microsoft Office suite.
Valuable qualifications, skills and experience:
– Experience in using Adobe design suite programs including video editing and print material design.
– Photography skills.
– Experience in creating video content.
– Experience with WordPress and VerticalResponse (or similar email management tools).
– Experience working in or with a non-profit organization(s).
The salary range for this position is $26,000 – $43,700 based on 25 – 30 hours per week. The Communications Specialist may be eligible for VHF’s group benefits program.
To apply in confidence, please send a resume and cover letter to Judith Mosley, Executive Director, at email@example.com. Please include “Communications Specialist” and your name in the subject line of the email. Applications close Tuesday, January 26th at midnight. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vancouver Heritage Foundation promotes the appreciation and conservation of our city’s historic places for current and future generations. VHF does this by creating opportunities and resources to learn about Vancouver’s history and heritage places, and providing practical support for the successful conservation of historic buildings and sites.
VHF recognizes the diverse history and cultural heritage of Vancouver and that the city is located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territories of the Musqueam, Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh peoples.
Registered charity: 891765968