Volunteering for VHF is an opportunity to help VHF spread the message of the positive effects heritage conservation has on Vancouver while meeting new people and learning about our city’s history and unique architecture. VHF benefits from the skills and talents of a large and committed group of volunteers who are dedicated to the conservation of Vancouver’s built heritage. While some positions are continually seeking new volunteers, additional opportunities will appear on this page. Existing volunteers will occasionally receive invitations to volunteer for special events.
Please read the Volunteer Guidelines in full before applying to become a VHF volunteer. Every volunteer is required to sign off that they have read, understood and agree to abide by the Volunteer Guidelines. You will receive your own copy of the guidelines upon being invited to join our volunteer team. They will also remain posted here for reference.
- Personal access to events commensurate with volunteer hours
- Additional opportunities to attend specific events throughout the year – up to 2 events per volunteer per year
- Receive a VHF volunteer t-shirt to wear during events
- Receive an invitation to our annual volunteer appreciation night
- Be a part of a thriving community committed to the conservation of Vancouver’s built heritage