VHF accepts donations year round to help support our educational projects, grants and more. Heritage places can connect us to our city and neighbourhoods, to local history and to each other. VHF works throughout the year to provide valuable opportunities to learn about and explore heritage in our communities, grow appreciation and provide direct support for places to be preserved, restored and maintained for the long term.
In 2019, we made exciting progress with new and renewed initiatives including:
- Increased grants to support heritage buildings and sites. In 2019 we offered $30,000 to support 12 heritage restoration projects. With our new Heritage Conservation Grants Program we will increase that 700% starting this fall
- Established the Yosef Wosk Publication Grant program, which supports new publications in a variety of media on topics related to local history and heritage
- Developed a Heritage Study Guide to support teachers and their students in exploring local history and heritage places
- Presented over 55 events including lectures, tours, workshops and community events
- Hosted three internships and offered sponsored and discounted event access for students
Please donate to Vancouver Heritage Foundation this fall and invest in the future of heritage places in our city. We can accept donations by phone, mail or simply click the “Donate Now” button above.
With your help we can sustain and grow real support for heritage places.
Please consider making a donation to Vancouver Heritage Foundation.
Donations and fundraising events provide 25% of our annual budget, essential for sustaining our programs, creating positive change and growing direct support to heritage places. We need your help to deliver new initiatives, keep programs affordable to a wide audience, build and maintain free resources, give grants for heritage conservation, and help create a better environment for heritage projects.