Photo Credit: Christine Leviczky Riek
1254 W 7th Ave, Vancouver BC
This building was built in 1894 as a home for Captain James J. Logan who established the Vancouver Ice & Cold Storage Company. It is a good example of a late Victorian house on Fairview Slopes. It was purchased by William Hodson, a businessman and alderman in 1898 and was owned by the family until 1940 after which time it became a rooming house. the 1903 addition of the western wing by J.J. Honeyman gave the building its symmetrical appearance / In 1974 the building was moved from its original site at 1417 West 8th and renovated as a community centre by Rhone and Iredale Architects.
It is owned by the City of Vancouver and its present tenants include the Vancouver Chamber Choir, Vancouver Cantata Singers, and Early Music Vancouver.
City of Vancouver Heritage Plaque Program