1484-1490 W Broadway, Vancouver BC
This decorative commercial building was constructed in 1929. Its Gothic-inspired arches with floral motifs in multi-coloured terra cotta together with the east concrete spandrel panels and brick cladding animate the upper parts of the structure.
The building is named after William Dick, a prominent Vancouver businessman and MLA from 1928 to 1933.
Townley & Matheson also designed other well known Vancouver buildings including City Hall and Tudor Manor.
Photo Credit: Christine Leviczky Riek
City of Vancouver Heritage Plaque Program